Q. How soon should I start screening for cancer?
The sensible way forward
- Clinical breast examination every year by a specialist (gynae or breast surgeon) starting at age 20.
- PAP Smear & HPV DNA starting a year after the first sexual intercourse every 5 years till age 65.
- Digital Mammography once between 40and 45 years and then every 2 years lifelong.
- PSA blood test once a year starting at age 55
- Low dose CT scan lungs every year for smokers more than 40yrs
- CEA and stool occult blood once in 3 years starting at 45 years
- Oral examination in Tobacco chewers / smokers once a year.